When there are no rules, there are no limits. As an essential part of our mission, our Education & Outreach initiatives aim to impact the Washington, DC, and Winston-Salem, NC, communities through education and collaboration. We are planning workshops for performers pursuing work at a professional level, as well as theatre classes for members of the community. This summer, we will launch an exciting new musical theater opportunity for kids. We wish to continue to grow as artists by collaborating with local colleges and universities. Through post show discussions and programs geared towards local schools, we aim to encourage our patrons to speak their personal truths and share their stories.
No Rules Education
Student-centered programs that deepen understanding and appreciation of the theatre arts and theatre arts skills.
- Break Out of the Box: NEW! Summer 2014. Aimed at grades 4-8, young performers will develop skills in acting, singing and dancing classes while rehearsing a professionally supported musical theatre production.
- Workshops: Go further and dig deeper into the content of this season’s shows with workshops for professional performers led by NRTC Company Members and Guest Artists.
- No Rules in School: NRTC will partner will schools and teachers to provide engaging theatre arts learning opportunities. Contact us to discuss development of programs at (571) 527-2159.
No Rules Outreach
Community-oriented initiatives that reach out and engage audiences more deeply with the work of the company and theatre in general:
- Fourth Wall Gone: An initiative that promotes collaboration between deaf, hard of hearing and hearing theatre artists and patrons. Events and theatre performances are hosted throughout the year in partnership with other theatres and universities.
- YOURS - Personalized private events, co-created by YOU, performed by NRTC artists!
- Perspectives: Through participation in Cast Conversations and Perspectives Panels, learn more about the artists, the process and the themes of each show. Click here to see all the Perspectives events
Director of Education & Outreach Profile
Debbi Arseneaux has worked as a theatre teaching artist, professional director, and stage manager in the DC metro area for over 13 years. She currently works as a freelance teaching Artist and theatre director with Imagination Stage, Project Create, and Story Tapestries, where she also serves as a Program Associate. She has shaped young artists’ minds with Round House Theatre, Adventure Theatre MTC, Lola’s Laboratory, Imagination Quest, and InterAct Story Theatre as well as at the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, Edmund Burke School, KIPP DC Charter School and Oneness Family School. She regularly directs theatrical productions with students of elementary, middle and high school age and has developed numerous in-school artist-in-residency programs at all grade levels. She is a proud founding company member of Factory 449: a theatre collective, who shared the 2011 Helen Hayes John Aniello Award for Outstanding Emerging Theatre Company with No Rules. She is thrilled to join forces with No Rules Theatre Company.